Thursday, June 2, 2011

You will always have questions

As I've been writing this blog, I've had many questions from a lot of people, GREAT! It's been my goal through this to first, get people interested in my book when it comes out. Second, to open your mind and show you it's possible for you to wake up everyday and not have to go to a place you hate! The problem is not, that's where most of us are at, the problem is most of us are content to stay there, SAD! The most common questions are: How do I figure out what I love to do? Next: How can I start doing that? Third: Will I make less money? I'd like to take the next few post to answer these questions. First let me say right off the bat, that I'm no expert on anything, just ask my wife. The title of this blog is everyday working man because that's what I am, I'm one of you. So when I talk about anything or answer questions, it's from that perspective. Figuring out what it is you love to do is a very personal process. My advice is to start very basic: when you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? You have to take a lot of time to examine what your natural good at, what do you enjoy, and how does it fit with your personality. Even after you read this take some time to "figure yourself out", then once you've done that, you can look at what companies would be a good match for you. Or maybe you would be more suited to start your own business. For me personal, this process brought me exactly here, writing. Stay tuned for more answers!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Kimmanzi we both know the real winners as self employed are not us or we would not be using the internet to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that "you never know until you TRY." You cannot be afraid to fail! I was inspired today by a plaque that I saw at my friend's concrete business. It was for Abraham Lincoln. He started a business- failed. He ran for Congress- failed. He ran for Senate- failed. He tried another business- failed. He ran for Vice-President- failed. He had various failures from 1831-1859!! However, in 1860, he was President of the United States! Don't be scared to fail, use it as a tool to learn and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people have a huge fear of failing in "doing their own thing". It does take a huge amount of faith and strength to move past that fear and just take the plunge. I have failed so many times - but like sponge says, I have learned more from failing that succeeding.

    If you are working in a job you don't like - STOP. Find your passion. It doesn't matter if its being a clerk at a store or being a CEO... DONT let others dictate your future or happiness.... you have to live with yourself, not the people on the sidelines of your life.

    ReplyDelete