Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Do you still dream?

Do you remember when you were a little kid and you would dream about your future? I remember reading a lot as a kid, and always wanted to have "my own book". Do you remember how you had a lot of the details of your future planned out? Those were the days (right!) no worries, no car payments and cell phone bills, just you running around in your "police" uniform chasing bad guys (your dog or cat). Obviously, we grow up and have the responsibilities of life, but what happened to our dreams along the way? When you were a kid some of your dreams might have been a little skewed (Spaceman, superhero) but those dreams should be the basis for figuring out what your dream work situation should be now. I always wanted to write (that's what I'm transitioning to now), what was the one thing you always wanted to do? Think long and hard about those dreams, once you have, do they match up to who you are now? I bet their pretty close. This is the key: once you've figured those dreams out, and you know what you want to do with your life, create a transition plan. A wise man said "a dream without a timetable attached to it is a pipe dream". We can't stop dreaming, sometimes it's the only thing that gets us through jobs that we hate, but we have to have a plan to make that dream a reality. What's you dream? You can leave comments below:

1 comment:

  1. My dream was to go to work every day in a suit! I had no specifics when I was younger, but I know what I want to do know. I want to own a business and create jobs for people- all while wearing my suit!

    ReplyDelete