Tuesday, June 14, 2011

15% unemployment!

Someone close to me called me recently to tell me that they have been following my blog and are really proud of the fact that I've found a good "hobby". They told me that I might want to tone it down because while people would like to have a job they love, it's just not possible with 9% unemployment in our economy (they saw a story on CNN). Before I got a chance to respond, this person called me to say that they saw another story that stated the actual unemployment rate is more like 15% (they saw another story on some other news channel). My response was SO WHAT!!! Even with 15% unemployment there are still companies willing to hire, their just looking for the right people, and those right people aren't the one's with the negative attitudes because they've been watching cable news. Our economy has changed and we must change with it. You can't get a traditional job? Why not work for yourself? "The economy's bad, you can't start a business", really? This is the best time to start a business because there's very little competition out there because everyone else is to busy watching and believing cable news. Here, let me give you one idea right now: do you have a lawn mower, can you borrow one? Get one and start "So and So lawn service". Can you do odd work around someones house? You just became "All Purpose Handy Service". I read a story about a 14 year old kid who wanted to make a little extra money for the summer doing all sort's of odd jobs around someones house. He went to a 450 home subdivision and worked it all summer, when it was all said and done, he made $10,000 in 3 months, why can't that be you? There's work out there for those that are willing to do whatever it takes, the days of the laid back, easy jobs are over, wake up and smell the opportunity! The question I'll leave you with is, do you agree with that person close to me because you guys watch the same always negative news cast? Or are you like that 14 year kid who wasn't afraid to do some hard work to achieve a goal? When that 14 year old kid grows up he probably end up being a millionaire and if you are that negative person, you'll still be on the couch watching him on that news cast you love so much!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. People are used to the good old days, when if your boss got on your nerves, you would just quit and go to work for someone else. Jobs were numerous and life was easy. Now just getting a job is hard work. And guess what, people don't like hard work. In fact a majority of our youth has no idea what hard work even is. It's amazing how many young people tell me that they really need a job. Then I will always ask them, so what are you doing to get a job. Honestly, the answer that I usually get is nothing or it's very little. Are you kidding me! People expect a job to come to them! They are not willing to put the hard work in to GET the job. A couple of years ago I was getting fed up with these young guys that I know complaining that they couldn't find a job. Well I knew that they were hardly trying. So I wrote a letter for this guy, attached a picture of him, wrote out an application for this guy, and he was hired and working within 3 days. As a matter of fact he is still working there. People have gotten so extremely lazy nowadays, they dont even feel like looking for a job. And they certainly don't have the motivation to start a business. Laziness drives me crazy. And I will tell you that government handouts multiply the problem infinitely. That's another subject for another time. Pappa out

    ReplyDelete