Monday, June 20, 2011

"To be honest with you...."

Have you ever used the expression: "to be honest with you"? Every time I hear someone say this to me, I think their about to lie to me. This little expression has been ringing out in my mind which has brought me to today's post: Integrity. This is the question I want to leave in your mind, what do you do at your job or business when no one is looking? When I was 18 years old I worked for a major soda company (the one that has a very popular green soda that has a lot of caffeine), my job was to go to grocery stores and take the soda from the back rooms of the store's and put it on the self in the soda section. There was little supervision in those day, they now use GPS technology, so a group of us would go to the warehouse, punch in, say we were going to the store's but instead we went home for 10 hours. We wouldn't even go to the store at all, then we would go back to the warehouse punch out and we would receive a paycheck every week for basically no work. Now some of you will read this and think I would never do anything like that but let me ask you: what other way's are you stealing from your company? Do you sit and talk on the clock dealing with your personal business and nothing related to work? Do you use the company computer to look at your Facebook account at work when you should be working? Do you steal supplies from the company? Do you steal products from the company (chips, bread, cakes)? In the example I gave you earlier I was completely wrong for what I did, and if you're stealing in any way, then so are you. I'm not sitting here trying to give a plug for these big companies that we sometimes hate, but if your working there, no one put a gun to your head and told you that you have to stay there. Our work at the companies were at is by choice, so we have no excuse! Even if you say "this company I work for is greedy and ruthless", your not the moral police. I admit that work place integrity is an issue that I have probably struggled with all my working life, but I'm making the necessary changes now! A friend of mine likes to say; "never let them see you sweat" by stealing or being dishonest, that's exactly what your doing. The goal as a everyday working man and woman is to improve every area of our life so we can move on to the next level in our growth. In the end, I have truly found this out in my life, the truth always comes out and that thing that you stole or that time you stole, is not worth putting your family through the stress of you loosing your job! TRUST ME, I've been there! Let's all grow in every area of our life together, that's how we can change this world!

1 comment:

  1. It all goes in a circle. This goes back to the issue of people being scared to find something they can do on their own. This fear completely goes against our capitalistic founding. If men/women in the past were scared to start a business, we would never have the companies we have today. It all starts with a dream/vision, goal(with a timeline), and a well thought out and researched plan!

    ReplyDelete