Thursday, June 30, 2011

It Sucks To Be Him!

Well, in the past I've talked to you about having patience and I thought this was an area of my life that I had mastered, I WAS WRONG! On Tuesday I had just got done delivering and stocking the bread at my last store, it was a long day that started at 11pm the night before. By the time I walked out of the store that morning it was 9 am and I was tired and ready to go home. I thought I could just get in my truck and drive off, but boy was I wrong! The store I was at is in downtown Milwaukee so to deliver there you have to go underneath a parking structure. When I got out to the truck I saw there was a 7 UP truck blocking the entrance to the structure, I've put a picture here for you to see. Instead of pulling out straight, he tried to leave at angle getting his forks caught on the cement. He tried and tried to leave but he was completely stuck causing the rest of his that were beneath the structure to have to wait, in the end I waited for 2 hours! While he was trying to break the truck free, the other vendor's and I were getting more and more angry at the situation and eventually at the driver. "We all just wanted to leave but this guy ruined it by being dumb", was at we said and thought. The tow truck guy came (without a tow truck) and did some kind of maneuver that released air and got his forks high enough to get out, it was finally over! The very next day I was still a little angry until I saw something that put things into perspective, I've put the link here: http://t.co/qA3fyKB. I thought I had learned patience but I still needed a real life lesson and I wanted to share with you what I learned. It's simply this: put yourself in the other persons shoes
I was mad I had to wait but what would it have been like to have your semi stuck with a bunch of angry vendors and other cars ready to rip your head off! After I thought about things I was disappointed with my reaction, I should have been more helpful and understanding to that guy.

Next time your in a situation that requires patience, try and put yourself in the other persons shoes and that should put things into perspective. Maybe then we'll react the right way.

I've really seen first hand, that with all these issues of life that it's a learning process, the key is to open your eyes and truly learn the lessons. All of us should try and grow from these situations together because that's the only way we'll ever truly change. What situations have you gone through where you needed a little perspective? Tell me about them, it will help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment