Friday, July 29, 2011

“You should be happy you have a job in this economy”

A good number of people lately have asked me about my book, about my job, and about my plans. Those that are in my general radius (150 miles or so) have asked me if my book (Tales of the Everyday Workingman and Woman) takes off if I plan to quit. The answer is YES, but not in the way that they think.

For as long as I’ve been writing this blog, and also in my book, I have never advocated just quitting your job (that’s suicide!). I have always talked about formulating an exit strategy and that’s what I’ve done. Releasing this book is only the first step in my exit strategy, and after that there are several more steps. Having a plan is the key!

When people have asked how I’m going to make money, I’ve told them through the book and some other online endeavors. A few of my friends as well as some random people (who were eavesdropping, mind your own business) have said: “you’re going to quit your job in this economy?”

Let me put it into perspective; you might be saying the same thing once you hear this (you better not!). Do to some politics at our warehouse; I now am working a 3 day, 36 hour schedule. “What, you only work 3 days, are you kidding?” Yes, now shut up! To put the cherry on top of the ice cream, I work: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, yes I have off on Saturday and Monday (again I hear what you’re thinking, shut up!).

Even with the 3 days, even with the “good money” I make, even with this bad economy, I’m still moving on. If you really just can’t wrap your mind around why, then buy my book, it talks about the reasons why! The bottom line is even with 3 days and everything else, my “job” is not the right fit for me, therefore making it not something I can invest 40 hours (think about that, 40 hours) of my week in. This “job” is not supporting anything positive in my life and is not getting me towards my life goals.

So all you who think I’m crazy, what do you have to say now? (You just got lawyered!) Even with this “bad economy” there’s unlimited opportunity for those that are willing to put in the work! I’ve mentioned several examples of people that got away from the TV and did something to make money (are you one of those people who watched every minute of the Casey Anthony trial?). Just in the last 2 weeks I was inspired by a friend of mine who had a very original idea that once implemented, I know will make him a fortune (you’ll be hearing about him on my website).       

I am happy to have a “job” that pays well, and is only three days a week, don’t get me wrong. The only caveat is that I’m not settling for just a “job”, I have to follow the path to my vocation (my true calling in life).

So support me on my path to that calling by buying my book: Tales of the Everyday Workingman and Woman. It will be out in mid-August on Amazon and all the other ebook sites. You’ll also be able to buy it off my website (it’s in the works). Tell everyone you know about it as well. You want to know what the book is about? You just got a little preview with this post (I know, I can’t wait either!). Here is the cover:
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment